The Latest From Imperial Salon & Spa
Our beauty experts share their talent and trade secrets, the latest product must haves, tutorials and much more!
Check back often to see what's going on!
Posted January 9, 2020
Tips from the Spa: How to Have Fabulous Wintertime Skin
By Dajanae Barrows
It’s easy to focus your skincare regimen on the summer months when you’re more exposed to the elements and dealing with heat and humidity. However, we forget about our skin in the winter. Don’t worry! Here are some top tips from our Imperial estheticians to help you keep your skin soft, supple and glowing during those colder months!
- Exfoliation is key. This may be the last thing on your mind when you are trying to take care of your skin, but there are benefits to exfoliating your skin during winter. Exfoliating will take off the dead, dry skin cells and help you regenerate new ones. It will also aid in the absorption of your moisturizer.
- Keep those showers short, sweet and not too hot. It can be tempting to turn up the heat in your shower or bath because of the colder weather. However, hot water can cause dehydration to the skin and may strip away your natural essential oils needed to keep skin hydrated.
- Modify your skin care regimen for the face and body. Switching to cream-based cleansers and hydrating toners is advised. Stay away from toners that may contain alcohol as they can further dry the skin. If the skin on the body becomes dry and itchy consider moving into a body wash and a body oil. Ask the Imperial team about SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser and Farmhouse Fresh Agave Nectar Body Oil.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Choose your facial moisturizer and body lotion/oils wisely. For the body consider selecting rich velvety butters and creams instead of lotions. Try our Farmhouse Fresh shea butters and steeped milk lotions for size to protect your skin from the cold. Another favorite is to soak in the tub with a Farmhouse Fresh CBD Fizzer, talk about soft skin!
- Drink more water. Caring for the skin and body is important not only on the outside but the inside also. Increasing your water intake is the easiest way to stay hydrated during the winter season.
- ‘Tis the season to try chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Restore your glow by removing all those accumulated dry dead cells from the winter weather with a specialty facial from the Imperial Team. As we all know it is typically colder and drier due to less moisture in the air. Skin can then become dehydrated and even crack. A quick microdermabrasion facial or chemical peel designed to resurface dry damaged skin is ideal. But don’t forget those poor cracked heals and be sure to pick up a Footlogix Foot File from the Imperial Boutique.
- Use sunscreen everyday. We are not kidding! Sunscreen is not only for the summertime; it is also for the winter months to protect from those harmful UV rays and wind burn. Make sure to cover your face, neck, and hands, and use a sunscreen that is at least 30 SPF protection.
If you have any questions about winter skincare or would like to make a reservation for a body buff and polish or specialty hydration facial, feel free to call us at Imperial Melbourne 321-254-4432 or at our Beachside location 321-777-4242.
Posted January 9, 2020
Say Hello To Dip Manicures
By Dajanae Barrows
Breaking News! The Suntree team is proud to announce that we now offer dip manicures!
Although this nail technique has been around for quite some time, dip manicures have made a name for themselves on social media as the service that is here to stay!
A dip powder manicure combines the technique of regular and acrylic manicures. Instead of using UV rays to seal in your polish, the color comes from a pigmented powder similar to that of an acrylic powder. Some popular brands for this are SNS, Revel and OPI. Between base coats and a sealant, you “dip” your nails into your chosen color. It can be considered a “diet acrylic” service. In fact, dip powder manicures can have the lasting power of 3 to 4 weeks!
Tips and Tricks
As with any beauty treatment, it is extremely important to see a nail technician who is certified and knowledgeable about the process to avoid damaging your nails or using unsanitary products.
Consider the manufacturer of the powder as many inexpensive nail powders contain MMD, which is harmful to natural nails and is banned in many cities. Our nail team uses OPI. Perfecting Powder; OPI is a reputable company that specializes in gel and regular nail polishes.
Another tip to consider when performing this service is also color options. As stated before, the color comes from a pigmented powder, so colors may not be an exact match. When working with your technician, show them a polish option you like, and they will choose a powder as close to your shade as possible.
For more info or to schedule a reservation for this service, please call our Suntree location at 321-254-4432!
Posted October 21, 2019
The Tru-Peel System
By Dajanae Barrows
Are you looking for that firm, supple, glowing skin, minus the age spots, fine lines and wrinkles? Introducing the first step to clear skin, the Tru-Peel system!
The Tru-Peel is a non-invasive chemical rejuvenation system for the face. This resurfacing peel exfoliates damaged skin using a combination of ingredients like lactic acid, salicylic acid, phytic acid, and exfoliating agents such as retinol and phenol. Clients can achieve smoother, tighter, and more youthful skin after just one treatment. Each ingredient has such amazing benefits, as seen in the list below:
- Lactic acid: Helps to keep the skin moisturized and feeling less dry. With continuous use, it can improve signs of aging, as well as stimulate collagen renewal and firm your skin.
- Salicylic acid: An excellent chemical exfoliant that penetrates skin and fights acne.
- Phytic acid: This is an antioxidant that also helps to fight blackheads and shrink pores.
Tru-Peel is best suited for guests with acne, hyperpigmentation, discoloration, fine lines and wrinkles, and general aging concerns. This peel comes in three levels: the Tru-Peel Light, the Tru-Peel Medium and the Tru-Peel Forte. These are customized to address any skin concerns during your Tru-Peel.
The Tru-Peel Light is recommended to guests who are looking to correct mild imperfections and are seeking a gentle and superficial peel. This peel is usually ideal for:
- First time chemical peel patients for deeper resurfacing
- Overall skin rejuvenation
- Acne-prone skin
- All skin types
- Mild photodamage
The Tru-Peel Medium is perfect for guests seeking a medium peel and significant exfoliation. The Medium peel is ideal for:
- Follow up to Tru-Peel Light for a deep resurfacing
- Acne Scarring
- Moderate photodamage
The Tru-Peel Forte is considered the strongest peel and is usually recommended to guests seeking a deeper peel and a significant amount of exfoliation. The Forte peel is ideal for:
- Follow up to Tru-Peel Light or Tru-Peel Medium for total resurfacing
- Significant photodamage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scarring
- Uneven skin texture and tone
Book your first treatment or a complimentary skin consultation to totally transform your skin just in time for the holiday season!
Posted July 29, 2019
The Himalayan Salt Stone Massage
The Himalayan Salt Stone Massage is one of the newest and most innovative techniques in massage therapy, which Imperial Salon and Spa is proud to now offer!
As the purest salt one can find, Himalayan Salt can be used as seasoning in cooking and as a detoxifying bath soak. They are even used to purify spaces through salt lamps and diffusers, boasting benefits for the body, mind and spirit.
Here's How It Works
Depending on therapist technique, the stones may be used as an extension of their hand or used to warm up parts of the body, during the massage.
The stones also have 84 minerals in them including sulphate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, bicarbonate, bromide, borate, strontium, and fluoride. These minerals are absorbed into the skin as they glide along your body. This also aids in your body’s detoxification process as the massage moves blood and lymph around the body, circulating the toxins out.
Himalayan Salt Stones also provide negative ions, balancing out the positive ions in your body. Too many positive ions on in the body can lead to pain and inflammation. The stones reduce that inflammation and provide gentle exfoliation, leaving your skin soft and smooth.
Here’s Why It’ll Work For You
- Detoxifies and Nourishes the body
- Helps to Reduce Inflammation
- Replenishes Minerals Lost Exercise or Ongoing Stress
- Lightly Exfoliates the Skin
- Relaxes the Body and Mind and Reduces Anxiety
- Improves Sleep Patterns
- Balances the Central Nervous System
All August long, Imperial is running a special on the Himalayan Salt Stone Massage, infusing it with our amazing Farmhouse Fresh Clementine Oil. To learn more or to schedule, contact Imperial Melbourne or Beachside!
Written By Dajanae Barrows
Posted July 29, 2019
The Kérastase Hair and Scalp Expert Diagnostic
Do you feel that your hair is too dry? Or are you looking to tame your frizz? Or even take care of your waves and curls? What about taking care of your color treated hair?
Everyone has different needs for their hair, from manageability to shine to damage. Most of us cannot get to the “root” of their hair concerns without seeing it through a microscope ourselves. Kérastase, L'Oreal’s luxury hair care line, has developed a way to diagnose your hair’s needs through their new cutting-edge camera tool.
The Kérastase Hair and Scalp Expert Diagnostic is a microscopic camera that allows you to get up close and personal with the condition of your hair. Connected to an app, both you and your stylist can easily analyze your hair’s health and decide on the best treatment options and the perfect Kérastase products to help you reach your #hairgoals.
The camera magnifies up to 600 times to observe hair’s density, sensitivity, dryness or oiliness, and even previous damage. Following the diagnosis, a questionnaire will assess your hair type, habits and goals. With this analysis, the H&S Tool will provide you with a fully customized hair profile complete with the most recommended products and a personalized regimen.
This quick and easy 15-minute process will work wonders for your tresses and help you become your own hair expert. Satisfy your curiosity with the complimentary Kérastase diagnostic camera at Imperial Salon and Spa and figure out what your hair needs! Call us today to schedule a reservation!
Written by Dajanae Barrows
Posted July 29, 2019
Meet the IBX System
Are you someone who loves getting your nails done, but hate removing polish with harsh products? Are your nails feeling weak and brittle from gel polish? Or are you just looking for the perfect treatment to promote healthy nails and prevent breakage? You’re in luck! The Imperial nail team now offers the IBX treatment for all your nail needs.
Brought to you by the team at CND and Shellac, IBX was created as a nail repair system back in 2014. Put simply, it works to toughen natural nails and guarantee nail integrity under enhancements like gel polish and acrylics.
IBX uses conditioning monomers (molecules that bond together) which can penetrate the nail layer under gentle heat (like an LED light or a UV light). This heat helps IBX to fill in the gaps and ridges in the natural nail and create a shield to prevent the nail from breaking. The formula also encourages nail growth!
Let’s break it down, the IBX treatment is great for:
Healing nail damage
Strengthening nail beds
Lengthening the life of a manicure or pedicure
Treat your nails!
If you’re interested in treating yourself to an amazing strengthening treatment for your nails, look no further! Imperial Salon and Spa offers this service to almost any of our manicures and pedicures. Call us today to schedule a reservation!
Written by Dajanae Barrows
Posted July 29, 2019
Looking for some inspiration on what to get your dad, grandpa, uncle or father figure for Father’s Day? It’s easy to be unsure or bored with your gift choices these days. Look no further; the staff at Imperial Salon & Spa has compiled a list of men’s essentials courtesy of our new line, multi-award-winning Baxter of California!
Rooted in California, this line has natural, plant based ingredients that are all too familiar for a Cali native. From Cedarwood to Rosemary Oil to Tea Tree Oil, these key ingredients were used to create a men’s luxury line all their own. Since 1965, Baxter has evolved from a mere moisturizer sold at a barber shop -- the Super Shape Cream -- to a worldwide brand that curates the essentials in men’s skincare, hair care and beard grooming.
Baxter has tons of products under its belt, but thanks to the recommendations from our Imperial staff, these four are sure make excellent gifts for any dad on their special day!
Daily Face Wash
- The Daily Face Wash is a high-ranking essential. This gentle cleanser contains coconut and Aloe Vera, refreshing the skin and reducing tightness! It is sulfate-free and paraben-free and works for all skin types. Pro Tip? Use it on your beard to condition, soften and soothe after a shave! ($23)
- Complete the Collection: Herbal Mint Toner ($20), Oil Free Moisturizer ($26),
Deep Cleansing Bar Charcoal Clay
- This soap bar is known for its many detoxifying properties and is compatible with all skin types. With Kaolin, Bentonite Clay and activated charcoal, this trio works to banish oil and dirt from your face and body. Infused with coconut oil and glycerin, it helps to return moisture back into the skin. Another plus? It contains notes of smoked wood and hemp grass, for a fresh but masculine scent. ($19)
- Another Must Have: Super Shape Skin Recharge Cream ($36)
- Baxter’s Shave Tonic can be used as a pre-shave and post-shave treatment. With a combination of minty essential oils (Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Camphor and Spearmint), it works to soothe razor burn and to put a stop to ingrown hairs. This tonic also has Vitamins A, D, and E, all working together to calm and moisturize the skin after a shave. ($18)
- You’ll love these too: After Shave Balm ($19), Beard Line Up Shave Gel ($18), Beard Oil ($27), Beard Comb ($16-$17.60)
Super Close Shave Formula
- This shave cream is amazing for men! It glides on easy to create a protective layer between your skin and the razor for a clean shave. This formula works to prevent redness and dryness on the skin and contains menthol and tea tree extracts, which help to soothe the skin after a good shave. ($22)
- The Perfect Pairing: Baxter’s Safety Razor ($60), Beard Line Up Shave Gel ($18), After Shave Balm ($19)
Another amazing thing about this line? Women love essentials like the Shave Tonic and Charcoal Bar for themselves! The entire family will put these products to good use!
Written by Dajanae Barrows
Posted April 5, 2019
When you live in Florida, chances are you’re spending time in the sea, sand, and sun. Add this to heat styling and over-washing, and your hair can undergo some serious damage. Luckily, there are ways you can combat future hair damage and deal with existing damage. Here are some of our top tips for repairing damaged hair.
Use Nourishing Products
Switch out your current shampoo for something nourishing or oil-based. Ingredients like avocado oil, coconut oil, and argan oil are all great for repairing damaged, dry hair and split ends. If you’ve got thicker hair, coconut oil is an excellent option. Dampen your hair, run oil through it, and then cover with a shower cap or warm towel. Wait about 30 minutes and then rinse it out. Your hair will feel softer and look shinier.
Turn Down the Heat
Here in sunny Florida, there’s no shortage of sunshine. Since you’re already spending so much time in the sun, take extra care with heat styling. Curling and straightening irons can make hair look great, but they can cause major damage. If you’re trying to avoid damage or prevent further damage, try not to frequently use heat on your hair. When you do use heat, make sure to use a heat protectant. You can find heat protectant creams, sprays, and oils. A heat protectant creates a barrier between the heat styling tool and your hair, which seals in moisture and prevents frizz.
Trim the Ends
Split ends and damage from color and heat are all signs you need a hair trim. Cutting off dry ends is a great way to make your hair look healthier and get rid of the most seriously damaged parts. Damaged hair can also start to look flat and lifeless if it hasn’t been trimmed for a long time. This means you’re probably putting it up more often than not to get it out of the way. Make an appointment for a trim with us so your hair can get back to its bouncy, voluminous self.
Know When to Wash Your Hair
The more you wash your hair, the more it loses natural oils. Your hair needs these oils to stay moisturized. Additionally, when you frequently strip it of natural oils the scalp will produce more oil to make up for it. This can make your hair look and feel greasy at the roots. If you’ve got thick, curly hair you can go without washing for longer. If you have processed hair that’s also a factor, as the scalp oils don’t travel down hair as quickly as processed or coarse hair. Fine, thin hair has to be washed more often, as it’s easier for oil to build up.
Give Your Hair Extra Love
Sometimes regular conditioning isn’t enough to treat damaged hair, especially if you live in Florida or another hot, humid climate. The humid climate can make already damaged hair even frizzier, dryer, or duller. For an intense hit of moisture and strengthening, try a deep conditioner or hair mask. These products are a great way to give your hair some major TLC when it needs it the most. Try deep conditioning once a week on a night in. It’s a great thing to do while sitting in the bathtub, kicking back with a glass of wine, reading a book, meditating, or just relaxing quietly.
Treat Your Hair and Make an Appointment
If you want some help repairing your damaged hair, call Imperial Salon and Spa today to make an appointment! We can give you a great trim, a brand new cut, and a relaxing shampoo and blow dry. Visit us now so your hair can look its best.
Posted May 16, 2018
When you’re at the beach and just want to dive into the water, sunscreen can feel like a hassle. The truth is, it’s critical in protecting your skin from the negative effects of sun damage. Here at Imperial Salon and Spa in beautiful Florida, we get sun for most of the year, so protecting yourself from those rays is extra important. May 28th-June 3rd is Sun Awareness Week. To celebrate, we’re bringing you the facts about sun protection!
How Are Sunscreen and Sunblock Different?
Sunscreen contains chemicals that absorb UV radiation and reduce the amount that penetrates the skin. Sunblock physically prevents UV rays from reaching the skin. Sunscreens are usually transparent and invisible after application. Sunblock is thicker and remains visible after application. Sunblocks are made of metallic ingredients like zinc oxide, iron oxide, or titanium dioxide to physically block the rays of the sun and protect your skin. A good sunscreen, like those in the SkinCeuticals line, will contain ingredients like octisalate, octinoxate, oxybenzone, and methyl anthranilate. Sunscreen must be applied 30 minutes before going out into the sun and then reapplied after swimming or sweating. Sunblock is effective immediately after application and can be used directly before going into the sun.
What’s the Difference Between UVA and UVB Rays?
UVA rays make up 95% of the radiation that reaches the Earth’s surface. UVA rays attack the skin more deeply than UVB rays. UVA rays are well-known for playing a major role in skin aging and wrinkling. UVA rays cause damage to skin cells called keratinocytes on the base layer of the epidermis. This is where most skin cancers happen. UVA is also the main tanning ray, so along with being produced by the sun, it can be found in tanning booths and tanning beds. UVB rays are the main cause of redness and sunburns. They damage the superficial epidermal layers and play a part in developing skin cancer. It’s important to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect against both types of rays.
What Does SPF Mean?
SPF stands for sun protection factor. It measures the level of UV protection a sunscreen or sunblock will give you. The level of SPF ranges from 1-90. SPF also indicates how long your skin is protected from sunburn based on your skin type, location, and time of year. Other conditions that affect SPF levels are how much product you apply, weather and climate, sweating, and swimming. We recommend using products with SPF between 15 and 50. It all depends on your skin type and skin tone!
What Are the Long-Term Effects of Sun Damage?
The rays of the sun damage the fibers in the skin called elastin. When elastin breaks down, the skin will sag, stretch, and lose elasticity. More serious effects of the sun include pre-cancerous and cancerous skin lesions, benign tumors, telangiectasias, sallowness, and elastosis. While no one wants their skin to look saggy and wrinkly for superficial reasons, you have so much more to worry about when it comes to sun protection. Keep your skin safe and healthy. Use sunscreen or sunblock every time your skin will be directly exposed to the sun!
Treat Your Skin Today!
Come into our spa and give your skin a treat before summertime starts! Throughout the month of May, we’re offering a free SkinCeuticals Skinscope Analysis with our exclusive Flaxx C Facial. The SkinScope Analysis shows the health of your skin from beneath the surface and the Flaxx C Facial smooths, firms, and re-texturizes the skin using ingredients like flaxseed and antioxidants. After you’ve treated your skin, why not pick up some high-quality sun protection products? At Imperial Salon and Spa, we sell a variety of sunscreens from the SkinCeuticals line, and we'd be happy to help you find the best product for you. Call us today to schedule an appointment!
Posted October 6, 2017
Lemon water makes for a powerful detox drink; lemon juice helps to cleanse and alkalize the body. Add one thinly sliced lemon to a large pitcher, or squeeze fresh lemon juice into your glass. Lemon also aides in digestion and boosts your immune system.
Mint adds a touch of sweetness without sugar, and it also helps settle your stomach and aids in digestion.
Adding a few slices of cucumber to your water makes for excellent rehydration, and cucumber contains anti-inflammatory properties.
Posted October 6, 2017
Aloe vera juice contains leaf pulp that is rich in natural nutrients and fiber. This well-known herbal remedy for the skin also has some amazing benefits for internal healing, cleansing and repair when ingested as a nutritional drink.
Do not consume aloe vera that is not intended for internal use.
1. Aloe vera contains many vitamins including A, C & E. Aloe vera is one of the few plants that contain vitamin B12.
2. Aloe vera is high in amino acids and fatty acids. There are 8 essential amino acids that your body needs and all 8 (& more) can be found in aloe vera.
3. Aloe vera is a well-known adaptogen. An adaptogen is something that boots the body's natural ability to adapt to external changes and resist illness.
4. Aloe helps with digestion. It is known to soothe and cleanse the tract and help imporve digestion.
5. Aloe helps in detoxification. It is a gelatinous plant food, just like seaweeds and chia seeds. The main benefit to consuming getalinous plant foods in your diet is that these gels move through the intestinal tract absorbing toxins along the way and get eliminated through the colon.
Posted May 21, 2018
Don't Sleep in your Makeup!
You know you should take your makeup off before you go to bed, but sometimes you're just too tired. Here are some scary consequences of sleeping in your makeup that will have you reaching for the makeup remover every single night!
1. When it mixes with your makeup, oil from your T-Zone can cause clogged pores or worse, bacterial infections. Your skin needs to breathe sometimes, you know! Keep in mind, wearing makeup and oily skin will leave a residue on your pillowcase so when you do go to bed with a clean face, your pillow is not.
2. Leftover eyeshadow can clog the little oil glands and hair follicles on your eyelids causing infections like styes.
3. Makeup holds onto dirt, oil & dead skin cells which can clog your pores causing blackheads and major zits.
4. When you sleep in mascara and eyeliner, it can get in your eyes, causing irritation. Plus, your mascara will flake off roughly, pulling some of your eyelashes out with it. This also drys your lashes.
5. Aside from the fact that you can ingest your lipstick, waxes in many lip products can lead to clogged pores in the skin around your lips which can turn into small blackheads.
Posted November 14, 2016
Imperial Salon & Spa offers Dermaplaning at our Suntree location!
Dermaplaning is a technique where the outer layers of skin are exfoliated with the use of a blade. It is an effective way to resurface the skin. This process is painless and very safe. Not only will you achieve smoother, brighter skin but it will also remove fine vellus hairs from your face as well. After receiving this service, you will have better skincare product penetration and performance.
Posted April 12, 2018
At Imperial Salon & Spa we believe you feel and look your best when everything is in balance. Through spa and salon treatments, it is our goal to help you find peace in your mind, body, and spirit. We offer private facilities and use only the finest products available for our clients. When you visit Imperial, you can expect to enjoy the following services.
Body and Massage Treatments
Take some time to pamper yourself. At Imperial, we offer a variety of luxurious body and massage treatments. These include body buffing and polishing, hot stone massage, body wraps, hydrotherapy, and more. Whether you want to detox, moisturize, or soothe tense muscles, our services are here to help you feel your best.
Want to change up your look with a fresh haircut and color? We employ Redken Master Stylists who are trained in some of the best hair care products and equipment on the market. Our stylists have the education and experience to give you the best hair coloring, cutting, designing, styling, and texturizing services available. Changing up your hair can be a great way to refresh and reset your style.
Facials and Other Face Services
Nothing says relaxation like a facial, and our face services don’t just stop there. Along with our signature facial, we also offer deep pore facials, dermaplaning, hydrating facials, rejuvapen, and cell renewal facials. These treatments are used to repair skin damage and erase imperfections. Our trained estheticians use the some of the industry’s top products and most up-to-date techniques to leave your skin renewed, healthy, and glowing.
Give your nails some TLC. Our nourishing manicure and pedicure services can leave your skin and nails looking healthy and beautiful. Warm weather sticks around here in Florida, so it’s a great excuse to keep your fingers and toes looking great all year long. It doesn’t matter if you want a wild color and nail art, or just a simple buff and polish, our staff can give you what you want.
When you live in sunny Florida, smooth, silky skin is in style all year long. With our leg, bikini, and Brazilian waxing services, you can feel confident about showing off your skin at the beach or by the pool. If you’re interested in facial hair removal services, we offer brow sculpting and waxing services for the chin, upper lip, and face. Our trained staff will make sure you’re comfortable and at ease throughout the waxing procedure.
For those interested in a full-on pamper session, we offer five different packages. These include services like massages, manicures, facials, and pedicures. If you want to treat yourself to a day of extensive self-care, choose one of these packages.
Contact Us to Learn More
Take care of yourself and relax! To schedule an appointment for any of these treatments, call Imperial Salon and Spa today. We want to help you feel refreshed and revitalized through a day of pampering and self-care.