Looking for some inspiration on what to get your dad, grandpa, uncle or father figure for Father’s Day? It’s easy to be unsure or bored with your gift choices these days. Look no further; the staff at Imperial Salon & Spa has compiled a list of men’s essentials courtesy of our new line, multi-award-winning Baxter of California!
Rooted in California, this line has natural, plant based ingredients that are all too familiar for a Cali native. From Cedarwood to Rosemary Oil to Tea Tree Oil, these key ingredients were used to create a men’s luxury line all their own. Since 1965, Baxter has evolved from a mere moisturizer sold at a barber shop -- the Super Shape Cream -- to a worldwide brand that curates the essentials in men’s skincare, hair care and beard grooming.
Baxter has tons of products under its belt, but thanks to the recommendations from our Imperial staff, these four are sure make excellent gifts for any dad on their special day!
Daily Face Wash
- The Daily Face Wash is a high-ranking essential. This gentle cleanser contains coconut and Aloe Vera, refreshing the skin and reducing tightness! It is sulfate-free and paraben-free and works for all skin types. Pro Tip? Use it on your beard to condition, soften and soothe after a shave! ($23)
- Complete the Collection: Herbal Mint Toner ($20), Oil Free Moisturizer ($26),
Deep Cleansing Bar Charcoal Clay
- This soap bar is known for its many detoxifying properties and is compatible with all skin types. With Kaolin, Bentonite Clay and activated charcoal, this trio works to banish oil and dirt from your face and body. Infused with coconut oil and glycerin, it helps to return moisture back into the skin. Another plus? It contains notes of smoked wood and hemp grass, for a fresh but masculine scent. ($19)
- Another Must Have: Super Shape Skin Recharge Cream ($36)
- Baxter’s Shave Tonic can be used as a pre-shave and post-shave treatment. With a combination of minty essential oils (Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Camphor and Spearmint), it works to soothe razor burn and to put a stop to ingrown hairs. This tonic also has Vitamins A, D, and E, all working together to calm and moisturize the skin after a shave. ($18)
- You’ll love these too: After Shave Balm ($19), Beard Line Up Shave Gel ($18), Beard Oil ($27), Beard Comb ($16-$17.60)
Super Close Shave Formula
- This shave cream is amazing for men! It glides on easy to create a protective layer between your skin and the razor for a clean shave. This formula works to prevent redness and dryness on the skin and contains menthol and tea tree extracts, which help to soothe the skin after a good shave. ($22)
- The Perfect Pairing: Baxter’s Safety Razor ($60), Beard Line Up Shave Gel ($18), After Shave Balm ($19)
Another amazing thing about this line? Women love essentials like the Shave Tonic and Charcoal Bar for themselves! The entire family will put these products to good use!
Written by Dajanae Barrows