Tips from the Spa: How to Have Fabulous Wintertime Skin
By Dajanae Barrows
It’s easy to focus your skincare regimen on the summer months when you’re more exposed to the elements and dealing with heat and humidity. However, we forget about our skin in the winter. Don’t worry! Here are some top tips from our Imperial estheticians to help you keep your skin soft, supple and glowing during those colder months!
- Exfoliation is key. This may be the last thing on your mind when you are trying to take care of your skin, but there are benefits to exfoliating your skin during winter. Exfoliating will take off the dead, dry skin cells and help you regenerate new ones. It will also aid in the absorption of your moisturizer.
- Keep those showers short, sweet and not too hot. It can be tempting to turn up the heat in your shower or bath because of the colder weather. However, hot water can cause dehydration to the skin and may strip away your natural essential oils needed to keep skin hydrated.
- Modify your skin care regimen for the face and body. Switching to cream-based cleansers and hydrating toners is advised. Stay away from toners that may contain alcohol as they can further dry the skin. If the skin on the body becomes dry and itchy consider moving into a body wash and a body oil. Ask the Imperial team about SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser and Farmhouse Fresh Agave Nectar Body Oil.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Choose your facial moisturizer and body lotion/oils wisely. For the body consider selecting rich velvety butters and creams instead of lotions. Try our Farmhouse Fresh shea butters and steeped milk lotions for size to protect your skin from the cold. Another favorite is to soak in the tub with a Farmhouse Fresh CBD Fizzer, talk about soft skin!
- Drink more water. Caring for the skin and body is important not only on the outside but the inside also. Increasing your water intake is the easiest way to stay hydrated during the winter season.
- ‘Tis the season to try chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Restore your glow by removing all those accumulated dry dead cells from the winter weather with a specialty facial from the Imperial Team. As we all know it is typically colder and drier due to less moisture in the air. Skin can then become dehydrated and even crack. A quick microdermabrasion facial or chemical peel designed to resurface dry damaged skin is ideal. But don’t forget those poor cracked heals and be sure to pick up a Footlogix Foot File from the Imperial Boutique.
- Use sunscreen everyday. We are not kidding! Sunscreen is not only for the summertime; it is also for the winter months to protect from those harmful UV rays and wind burn. Make sure to cover your face, neck, and hands, and use a sunscreen that is at least 30 SPF protection.
If you have any questions about winter skincare or would like to make a reservation for a body buff and polish or specialty hydration facial, feel free to call us at Imperial Melbourne 321-254-4432 or at our Beachside location 321-777-4242.